The workplace has been hit by a paradigm shift. Organisations are undergoing periods of substantive change characterized by Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity (VUCA ). Hence, it is imperative that management shows up and leads differently today, while preparing for the future. We are committed to help organisations to expand the capacity of individuals to perform in management and board roles by equipping them with knowledge, skills and tools that will enable them to be agile, resilient and effective leaders.
- Change management
- Executive leadership development
- Leadership communication
- Corporate governance
- Team dynamics including conflict management
- Diversity awareness in the workplace
Women in Leadership Development
Women remain underrepresented in leadership positions across numerous industries. As a result, companies are deprived of the distinct female qualities that can propel an organisation for success. Men and women are affected differently by the pandemic and measures to address it must take gender into account. There is a massive need to support and empower women in leadership positions as they endure a significant number of responsibilities at work and home. The reality is most women are overwhelmed as they navigate multiple roles often with limited support structures during this pandemic. This reality is challenging for many to Show Up with confidence.
- Understanding the importance of self care with work life integration
- Leading effectively in traditionally male dominated work environments
- Establishing virtual presence in the workplace
- Identifying and solving common mistakes that hold women back from excelling in the workplace
- Communicating with confidence resulting in exemplary and effective leadership
- Networking in the virtual world for career success (including mentorship and sponsorship)
Effective communication propels business success. In today’s highly competitive and dynamic business landscape it is critical for professionals to be equipped with effective communication skills.
- Professional behaviour and workplace conduct when working from home
- Communication etiquette using email, online chat platforms, virtual meetings and telephone
- Managing your personal brand in the workplace
- Understanding the importance of virtual presence, body language, energy, posture and eye contact when engaging with clients, customers or colleagues online
- How to maintain collegial relationships remotely
- Dealing with challenging customers (including conflict management)
Entrepreneurs propel economies, create jobs, alleviate unemployment and poverty. Successful entrepreneurs are generally people who have mastered the ability to effectively pitch their business or innovation with confidence and conviction. A pitch is the beginning of a conversation and as Elain Powell said, “If you don't pitch for what you want, you don't get what you want”
- Understanding the building blocks (elements) of an effective business pitch
- Confidently pitching your business to ultimately persuade your prospective clients, employees and funders to do business with you
- Managing anxieties and self doubt by mastering the art of public speaking
- Building lasting and profitable business relationships through self mastery
- Being the best ambassador of your offering through effective communication
Graduate Development Programmes
Graduates bring varied and dynamic qualities to a company. Their openness to learn, adaptability and new perspective increases an organisation’s potential to grow. However, the transition from graduate to professional can be daunting and it is essential to equip them with the skills and tools to navigate and excel in the workplace.
- Transitioning from university to the workplace
- Equipping graduates with practical tools to communicate and present themselves with confidence
- Navigating the virtual world of work
- Identifying and addressing internal limitations that are inhibitors for success
- Understanding the value and importance of professionalism
As organisations move to the fourth industrial revolution, it has become more imperative that future leaders build on their strength and resilience to take on the challenges that come with the changing business landscape to enhance their performance. Doing so requires that these leaders acquire more personalized coaching to address their specific areas of development.
- Tailored coaching programme
- Holistic analysis of personal and career development goals and gaps
“Great things in business are never done by one person; they're done by a team of people." – Steve Jobs.
To elevate an organisation, teamwork is vital. Team building fosters employees’ interpersonal engagement to promote morale, motivation and communication. By using various tools that require critical thinking, active learning and engagement we tailor activities that are purposeful yet fun and aligned to your team’s growth objectives.
- Build rapport within organisation’s team
- Engaging activities
- Connect with team members virtually when working from home through fun and engaging sessions
Giving Wings believes in supporting and generating social upliftment within South Africa. Through our Non-Profit Organisation ( Giving Wings Youth), we provide holistic interventions that focus on helping young people to prepare for life after high school, succeed in the workplace and play a pivotal role in South Africa’s economic growth and development.
In 2014, we established a 5-week youth development programme for students in grade 10 and 11. This annual programme focuses on the development of leadership, communication, and entrepreneurship skills amongst young people in townships and rural communities. If your organisation wants to make a sustainable difference amongst youth in South Africa then we would love to partner with you! To find out more about our Youth Development initiatives visit www.givingwingsyouth.co.za